• Q:What is anime?
A: Anime means "animation" in Japanese. It also means the
Japanese style of animation.
• Q: What is manga?
A: Manga is Anime in comic book form. It's the Japanese word
• Q: What are your favorite animes/mangas?
A: Check out my Bio for all my favorites.
• Q: How long does it take you to finish a picture (sketch, ink, and color)?
A: It depends on the picture. But from initial sketch to finished, computer
colored product usually takes me about 3-5 hours. If I'm doing a background
or multiple characters, it can take anywhere from 4-8 hours. Pictures done
in charcoal, pastels, or colored pencils are quicker, though. So you can
see why it can take awhile for new pictures to be added. ^_^
• Q: What is the process like?
Well, I start with the concept, or what I want it to look like. Then I
sketch it out, clean it up, and either ink it on paper or scan it into
the computer and ink it there. After it's inked, I do the flats coloring,
then the shading. And eventually, when I'm happy with it, I resize it
for all you people out there to enjoy. ^_^
• Q: What drawing tools and software do you use?
A: I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for just about everything.
• Q: Will you draw a character for me?
A: Sure, I don't see why not. If you send me specs for
a character I can try drawing it for you.
• Q: Will you accept my fanart of your characters?
A: Yeah! As long as I have space to host it, I might put it up if
you send it to me. But even if I don't put it up, I always
love seeing fanart! So send it on! ^_^
• Q: Will you draw fanart of my characters?
A: Depends. I have a pretty busy schedule, but if you
ask me to draw something for you, I'll try to do it. I
would probably enjoy drawing your character. ^_^
• Q: Do you do commissions?
A: Sure thing! If you want to pay me for drawing something,
I won't stop you. ^_^ If I start getting alot of requests, I may
put up a commisions page.
• Q: I'm a giant, multi-national corporation. Do you want my money?
A: O.o Yeah! Okay, so no one's ever asked me this... but a girl
can dream, can't she? ^_^
• Q: You're a girl?
A: Yes. If you doubt, check out the Bio page. ^_^
• Q: Do you want guest strips for your manga?
A: Sure. I'd love to see your versions of my characters and
things you'd like to see happen. ^_^ Also you can email me
and tell me things you'd like to see happen in the mangas...
and who knows? Maybe I'll use it!
• Q: Will you be my friend?
A: No. While I will read and try to answer every email, I
can't start an online friendship with you. ^_^
• Q: Will you teach me to draw?
A: Sorry, I don't have the time or resources. If I had a dollar for
everytime I've been asked to teach someone to draw Anime...
But even though I can't tutor you in drawing, you can check
out lots of online drawing tutorials.
• Q: You're mean.
A: Yes, I am. ^_^
• Q: Well, if you won't teach me, where can I learn?
A: There are lots of tutorials online to help you out. Bakaneko.com,
polykarbon.com, and neondragonart.com are a few good ones.
• Q: Why won't you be my friend?
A: For all I know, you could be an axe murderer, or vice versa.
I don't want to correspond unless I know you.
• Q: What are your favorite video game consoles?
A: All of them! Nintendo consoles are probably my favorite,
but Playstation and Xbox rock too. Ohh, just can't decide...
• Q: Do you go to anime conventions?
A: Nah, there's never been one close enough to me to go.
• Q: Please be my friend.
A: Ooookay... backing away now... veeeery slowly...
• Q: When will you post the next issue of your manga?
A: That depends. I want to get First Impressions up every
two weeks and eventually, after I get back into the swing
of things, I'd like to get it up weekly. But for now it's usually
about every two weeks. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later,
so keep checking back for new issues!
• Q: When will you start posting one of your other mangas (fantasy, ninja, etc)?
A: Those aren't really meant to be web mangas. My fantasy and ninja
universes are meant to be actual printed comic books. Though I may
put them up as web comics before I try to get them published. Or as an
• Q: Can I link to you? Will you link to me?
A: Send me the link to your site and let me check it out. I don't
put up links for every site I go to, just ones I recommend. You can
link to me using the spiffy little banners I'm working on. ^_^
• Q: One of your pictures fits my character perfectly! Can I use it?
A: NO. Iie, nien, no way, nada, and however else you say no. My characters
are original and I don't want people using them to represent other characters.
• Q: Can I steal your art and pretend that it's mine?
A: No, no, and NO!! My art is copyrighted, and you can't
use it! I spend alot of time and effort on each one.
• Q: Can I use your art on my site and not give you any credit?
A: NO! I won't allow anyone to use them without my permission
and without giving me credit.
• Q: Well then, what can I use it for?
A: If you would like to use a piece of my art for promotion
or something else then email me and ask for permission.
If you have my permission and if you give me credit, then
I wouldn't mind. ^_^
• Q: Will you critique my art?
A: Sure, I don't see why not. I don't mind at all. Email me first
and tell me it's coming, though. Put a description of the picture
and anything in particular you think you need help with. I may
eventually put up a message board type thingy for that type of
thing, but that's only if I get alot of people wanting one.
• Q: Will you make a drawing tutorial?
A: Eventually, probably. If I get asked by more people
to do one, then I will.
• Q: Where do you live?
A: I'm in the Witness Protection Program. If I told you, the
FBI would have to come and silence you. Painfully.
• Q: That's cool.
A: You think so, eh?
• Q: What kind of music do you listen to while you draw?
A: Depends on the type of art I'm doing. If I'm trying to
convey a certain emotion with the picture, I need music
reflecting that emotion. But for pictures just for fun, I can
listen to just about anything. My favorites for "just for fun"
pictures are currently the Monkees, the Beatles, and any
• Q: What are your pet peeves?
A: ::laughs:: Do you have time?
• Q: Are you an art student?
A: I'm not going to an art school or taking any classes,
if that's what you mean. I'm self-taught. I've tried classes,
but the teachers never appreciated my, ah, unique style
of art. ^_^
• Q: Can you actually read Japanese?
A: Yes! I actually can! I can read the hiragana and katakana,
and I'm currently building up my Kanji vocabulary.
• Q: Can you speak it?
A: Some. I'm learning, and progressing pretty well.
• Q: What other languages are you fluent in/learning?
A: I'm fluent in English, pig latin, and Standard Galactic! lol.
Uhmm, I'm learning Japanese, Spanish, German, Russian, etc. With
Japanese the only one I'm really concentrating on. I'll eventually
work on the others, but I want to work on Japanese for right now.
• Q: Will you translate something into Japanese for me?
A: I don't mind translating, but I'm not very good yet. I can
translate things, but I have to double check in a dictionary.
• Q: Why do you have a site mascot?
A: Because she's cute! ^_^ And in drawing her I have
a constant character for the titles for each page.
• Q: Where did she come from?
A: An anime stork dropped her on my doorstep one day... lol.
Um, seriously, I dunno. I just drew her one day and decided she
was too cute to sit in my art folder. So she's become the site mascot.
• Q: I'm a cute Korean girl. Can I have your older brother's phone number?
A: Free advertising, eh, Josh? ^_^
• Q: What other web mangas do you plan on writing?
A: I have a few. Two I've already started and/or planning
out are Spies for Hire, a comedy about a brother and sister
spy team, and a comedy/drama about a young vampire
trying to survive high school. So they should be interesting. ^_^
• Q: Will you ever post those while I'm still alive?
A: Dunno. Are you a death-row inmate? In that case,
probably not. ^_^ But otherwise, I sure hope so.
I hope I can draw them in my lifetime! ^_^
• Q: Do you like regular American comics?
A: Yes! I love practically any X-Men comics! Evolution,
Generation X, and Ultimate are some of my favs. I also
love all the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics. And
I like a lot more, I just can't think of them right now. ^_^
• Q: Which is better? DC or Marvel?
A: MARVEL!!! . . . DC is EVIL!!! ::laugh:: ::spaz::
• Q: You have serious psychological issues.
A: That's not a question.
• Q: Why do you have serious psychological issues?
A: I'll take the fifth.
• Q: These parts of the site still say "coming soon"!
Don't you ever do any work?
A: Yes, but I also have a very busy schedule.
I try to update something on the site every week
Well, that's all, folks! Email me your questions and
you might see them here!